Saturday, January 9, 2010

{Makeover}

After looking at so many blogs about going to Goodwill and getting things to turn into something better, I joined in and went this week with my mother and we had a good time with the possibilities. I got about 8 items for a whopping $9, here is my first redo: drumroll please Who is John Randall you may ask??? I don't know, but from the looks he was probably born in the 80'S... HA!


And now it belongs to my Hannah with a "H"

It's something she can hang her little purses and hats on, I am so pleased with the way it turned out, it's a simple project, I primed it, and then just painted it white with some acrylic paint, the H was found in the Target $ spot and it's actually a magnet and I just hot glued it on, roughed up the edges a bit with a pumice stone since I had no sandpaper, even though you can't really see the rough edges, and that's it. I have more stuff I am dying to do, but they require spraypaint and well, it's just too darn cold to be outside, this not having a garage thing has it's negative moments, oh well, it's supposed to be in the 40's mid week so I'll wait for that!! So, tell me what you guys think of my project??????


8 comments:

Penny said...

I love it! I just get so excited when I find "junk" that I know I can turn into a treasure. Good job.

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

Way better than John Randall!

This turned out So CUTE! I love the "H"

Thanks for linking! : )

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

Very cute! I love the shape of the wood plaque.

Nobody Puts Mama In A Corner! said...

Awesome!! Nice work there! I went to Goodwill last night! Enjoy your new treasure!

Maggie said...

WOW - that is awesome!!!

Great job.

Recaptured Charm said...

I think even John Randall would have liked it better! Great job. Very cute

Lori said...

what a great find at goodwill.. I can never find anything..Maybe it's where I live...

Thanks for linking up to my party... I'm having another party next week, so don't forget to come by and link up...

sara said...

I love the "H" plaque!