Wednesday, August 25, 2010

{Psalms}

I am a book lover, I love to read, always have. I am semi-picky on what I read though, not too big on horror, or really deep books, biographies that might depress me, if I am going to spend time reading I want to feel good about it, not sad and disturbed, believe me I have been there, done that! There is one book however that I don't pick up often enough, and that is my Bible, I have always been involved in bible studies and really enjoy them, doing my studies, reading the assigned scriptures... but when I am not in a study I kinda just forget about it, it's sad, but true. One of my favorite books of the Bible is Psalms, I have always had a "thing for Psalms" the verses just talk to me, and isn't that the whole point? anyway last night I started reading and I pulled out the handy dandy highlighter and started marking what I felt were things I needed to apply to my life, or post on the frig, my bathroom mirror...
I am so excited about this, I can't wait to read some more, it truly makes me happy and fulfilled and there are times in my life that I need more than just the normal day to day, I need something bigger than ever, bigger than me, and that is God.

The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.
Psalm 9:9-10

1 comments:

Nana's Nuggets said...

HI! Stacy, Absolutly Love this post today! I really needed to hear this scripture,and yes so often I myself just don't read my bible enough! Well said; and most definatley it is the most wonderful thing when God does that little nudge of just what we need! To god be the Glory!!