Thursday, March 11, 2010

{Praise}

*Edit*

We have been home since Sat. afternoon and everything is going good, he is very sore of course, but doing well, this picture was taken the day after his surgery by my cousin Cindy!


I am so happy to say that my dad's surgery was a success!!!!! can I hear a "Praise God"!!! He is recovering so well, he will be coming home sometime this weekend, and we are so ready to take care of him and get him on his feet again. I decided to "Spring Up" my background, how cute is that! He had his surgery at Arkansas Heart Hospital and it was the best place, his doctor was C.D. Williams and he the master at open heart re-dos, as my dad was, we found out he was mentioned on Paul Harvey's radio show about 10 years ago as being one of the top 10 in the nation, and to top it off my dad always loved Paul Harvey. While at this hospital the last few days we learned so much about heart health, heart disease runs in my dad's family so it's in the genes, and almost all his 6 siblings have it, so aren't we lucky! ha, anyway, they do free cholesterol/blood pressure/glucose screenings there. so my sis and I had ours checked and everything was great, whew! what a relief, and it just makes you want to stay healthy, everywhere you look there are bowls of bananas and apples and we always grabbed one for a snack, not that we always eat bad but it puts things in perspective and me justing turning 40 makes me want to strive even more for a better well being!!

1 comments:

Nana's Nuggets said...

Stacy, I am so happy that your dad is doing well,I have prayed for you and your Family this week. I lost my dad 6 yrs ago to heart disease, and lost my mom 5 yrs ago to Alzeimers disease. My family went through alot with my parents the last few yrs.and I know how stressful it can be. But that " Amazing Grace" was so sufficent at that time that I did'nt realize it until it was all over with. Life is truly differant without them, but I know that God's Love has sustained me with there loss 11 months apart. But I am so Thankful God "Smiled" on your dad. To God Be The Glory!!