Wednesday, October 22, 2008

oooh went the wind...

it sure is howling out there, the leaves are blowing, it's misting rain... it's blowing in fall! and how I love it, I could just run around outside like a maniac! My little Hannah banana is home today, her asthma is acting up so I kept her in today so we can do breathing treatments every 2 hours, she didn't want to stay home, she loves school, but her dad and I told her she needs to get better, so she has done some crafts, played a game, and now she is on the couch with a blanket and pillow watching tv. And I need to be doing something productive like packing, but, well, I'm not, shame on my lazy self. Last night for dinner I made salisbury steaks from some deer meat we had in the freezer and it was so good, I baked it in the oven instead of frying, and the best thing of all deer meat has no fat, we also had mashed potatoes and green beans, it was a good dinner, on Sunday I made an apple tart is was soooo yummy and easy, peasy! Here's the recipe:

1 can apple pie filling, add some cinnamon/sugar to it
take a pie crust and lay it flat on cookie sheet
dump the above mix in the middle of the dough & spread to within 2" of edges
pleat crust as needed
brush crust with egg white, & sprinkle with 1 tsp. sugar
Bake at 425 for 20 min.
Serve with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!!!

0 comments: