Monday, December 6, 2010

{Uncertainty}

Last night as I was laying in bed with Hannah as she was going to sleep she said "I don't really like Mondays" why? I asked, she responded with "because it's the beginning of everything new, new spelling words, new math facts, new everything, I like Fridays because we finish everything".  I thought about that in depth because that is exactly how life can be sometimes, we don't always like the uncertain, we like the familiar, don't throw anything unfamiliar my way because it's too risky feeling. Where I am going with this has alot to do with my father's situation, everything is so uncertain right now and has been for quite sometime now and to be honest it's really tough, and you have to learn to take what you can get and just handle it from there. As I have said numerous times it's all in God's hands, his timing, his plan, not ours, and that can be hard to not have more control, period.  It's just hard right now, that's all there is to it, this morning as I was talking with my sister she was giving me the report from last night with dad and I just cried as she told me, it was nothing bad, just hard, he is not the same person and I want that person back.

1 comments:

Beth Herring said...

great post - i love the way your daughter thought this one out! I too am a finisher - I like things to be complete, but as I get older realize the necessity of beginnings.

Praise GOd for His new beginnings nd new mercies every day!