Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Cinnamon Muffins

I wanted to share this simple muffin recipe with you, my kids love cinnamon toast, cinnamon sugar on waffles and when I found this recipe I knew it was keeper.

1/3 cup shortening
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 c. milk

Topping:
1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3 tblspoons. melted butter or marg.

Cream the shortening and sugar, add egg; beat well. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg; add to creamed mixture, alternately with milk and mix well. Fill greased muffin tins half full. Bake at 350 for 15-20 or until toothpick comes out clean. After you remove from oven brush the melted butter on right away and sprinkle with the cinn/sugar mixture, I have found that doing this when they are hot helps to soak in the butter and the cinn/sug. mixture and it leaves you with a very moist tasty muffin!!! Enjoy!!

0 comments: