Sunday, December 18, 2011

{Dining Room Table Re-Do}

I realized that I never did a post about the re-do of my {nightmare} of a dining room table and 6 chairs. We got this table at a resale furniture store, when we saw it on the interenet we knew this was perfect, because we wanted to redo it to make it our own.  It was in rough shape folks, but we were determined, we would conquer the table!!!! Ha! it was not as easy as we thought, it took much sanding, priming, and then some more sanding and priming, when people say lots of blood, sweat and tears were involved it is true...seriously look at these chairs...




The table, it wasn't quite as bad, but a funny thing happened, well, not so funny at the time, one of the legs broke off, we were moving it around and it fell off, we about flipped, but my handy hubby to the rescue, he got his heavy duty glues and held it in with his vice, let it dry overnight, and good as new!!


 The nasty cushions...


Aaaaand...here she is...all pretty in black and dressed up for Christmas!!!

2 comments:

Kelli Greer said...

Love it, love it, love it! So wish I had the patience and knowledge to do something like this...I probably will just go and buy an inexpensive table and chairs

U said...

OHHHHHHH MYYYYYYY!!! I LOVE it!!! This is AWESOME!!!!! ;)
Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! I am looking forward to next year in BLOG WORLD!!! ;)